Saturday, April 18, 2009

An Introduction of Sorts

I am in my thirties, black or African American (take your pick, but let's not argue about it) and mommy to one beautiful, bright and very strong willed three year old. Of late, things have been chaotic, intensely frustrating, sometimes mundane and dreary, but also strangely rewarding. Currently single, I have been spending the last month hopscotching over the toads in the pond to get to the prince.

No - the prince has not arrived yet.

I've been told that I think too much, analyze things to death, like to argue, am difficult, kind, emotional, obstinate, compassionate, too patient and impatient. Writing about motherhood, singledom, womanhood, the melting pot that is our country, politics and literature is my release.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment